THE RULES OF THE GAME CZECH SCIENCE
Czech Science is a knowledge-based game where you need to pay close attention and make quick decisions. Czech Science consists of three separate games: Inventors, Women Scientists, and Inventions.
The game Czech Science is organised by the Joint Activities Centre, public research institution, based in Prague 1, 110 00, Národní 1009/3, registration number 604 57 856, recorded in the register of public research institutions maintained by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports (hereinafter referred to as the "Operator"). The Operator reserves the right to change the rules of the game Czech Science, abort the game, extend or cancel the game.
The game Czech Science can be joined by any natural person who fills in the registration form, entering his or her contact details (first name and email address are mandatory). In order to participate in the game Czech Science, the person is required to consent to the terms and conditions of the Game.
The goal of each separate game is to place on the timeline cards with inventors, women scientists, and inventions as quickly as possible and in the correct order. Each game has a time limit, after which the game is over. Inventor and women scientist cards are placed on the timeline according to their date of birth, invention cards are placed according to the year of the invention. The cards are placed on the timeline by dragging the mouse. When the card is placed incorrectly, the timeline turns red and the incorrectly placed card returns to the deck.
The player who places the most cards on the timeline within the time limit is the winner. When several players place all cards on the timeline before the time limit is up, the player who places all cards in the shortest time is the winner.
Each game has its scorecard, which stores the results of all players. In the given time period, players can win one prize in each game. The prize will be awarded to the three best players in the given time period, that is, three different players who will rank in the first place in the scorecards of the three games after the completion and evaluation of the game time period. When the same player ranks first in two or more games, the prize will be awarded to the immediately following player. Winners will be determined based on the date and time when they completed the game.
The Operator will contact the winner on his or her email address and will use a delivery service to mail the prize to the winner to the address provided. There arises no legal claim to the prize.
- The game Czech Science (hereinafter referred to as "Game") available on the website www.otevrenaveda.cz is operated by the Joint Activities Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, public research institution, VAT number: 60457856, based in Prague 1, 110 00, Národní 1009/3, recorded in the register of public research institutions maintained by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports (hereinafter referred to as the "Operator").
- By using the Game, you acknowledge and confirm that you have read and understand the Terms and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Operator cannot be held responsible for any health complications caused by the use of the Game. The Operator shall not be liable for any unavailability, malfunction, loss or corruption of data, leakage of personal data of the user of the Game or the security of the Game, or any other consequences following from the use of the Game. The Operator provides no guarantees.
- The use of the Game is governed by compliance with applicable laws arising from Act no. 121/2000 Coll., on copyright, rights related to copyright, and on the amendment to certain acts, as amended (hereinafter referred to as "Copyright Act"), which you are obliged to comply with. You are not permitted in any way to copy, distribute, reproduce, or otherwise process the Game or its parts in violation of the Copyright Act or other applicable laws. Should you violate these laws and regulations, you are required to pay any compensation for the loss suffered, while such conduct may result in criminal penalties. You are allowed to use the Game and its parts solely for your personal use, and this use must not be intended to gain direct or indirect commercial or economic benefit.
- It is strictly prohibited to attempt any fraud, intervention, change, modification, hacking, and disruption of the Game or its parts, including modifying the scorecard and using any software to obtain an unfair advantage. Such actions will lead to deleting the player's account, and the player will be required to compensate for damage to the Operator. The Game must not be used with virtual IPs, anonymisers, proxy connections, etc.
- The player of the Game is fully responsible for any damage or loss caused to other players, third parties, and/or the Operator as a result of the player's actions in violation of these Terms and/or the laws of the Czech Republic. This responsibility cannot be waived. Any violations will lead to the deletion of the player's account and will be strictly prosecuted by civil and criminal law.
- If you do not consent to the Terms, you have the right to abstain from using the Game and cancel your account in the Game (via email email@example.com or via letter).
- The Operator reserves the right to change or update these Terms. You will be informed about any changes to these Terms. The most current version of the Terms is always available here.
- These terms are effective from 1 March 2017.